Thursday, January 3, 2008

Walk like an Egyptian

So I started on the treadmill yesterday, 30 minutes (we have a work gym). I have put in my online agenda so I will be prompted to do it daily. I figured if I wrote about it here I would actually have some accountability. I have not accepted that I may never get into my size 14 pants again. I have this vision of a healthier, leaner me and I want it come true. A wise friend said it's more about the consistency of exercise as opposed to the actual exercise I get done. I want more energy and to live a happy, long life.

A co-worker sent this email below...too funny

----- Walking can add minutes to your life.
  • This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.
  • My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60 Now she's 97 years old and we don't know where the hell she is.
  • I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.
  • I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
  • I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
  • I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.
  • The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
  • If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.
  • .............And last but not least, You could run this over to your friends but why not just e-mail it to them!

No comments: