Thursday, August 7, 2008

Change Change Change


Today is the day I leave Kent Campus. This job has been my home for 4 years and I am going to miss it. My boss and the Dean took me to lunch yesterday, it was nice. Today has been beyond anti climatic. The person I am going to miss the most from the office left without saying goodbye today. In fact she hasn't acknowledged that I am leaving other than to question me on the supplies I am taking with me. I know people deal with change differently but this is really hurting my feelings. I have spent more time with her in these past few years than my family. She has been through ups and downs, victories and tragedies and to be brushed off is upsetting to me.
On the upside, I am leaving for a whole new challenge in an exciting and growing environment. Noah will be in a great school with a number of kids his age. Plus I will be making more money.
Noah and I are going to Disney this weekend with Mom and Dad to see a cousin and her kids. I am VERY much looking forward to it!

1 comment:

J. Manning said...

I guess my original message got lost.. I am glad you are going to your new job. I am sorry your secretary is snubbing you. She must really be afraid of change. Just bless her and let it go.

I start a new parttime job tomorrow... will be working for 3 realtors, doing all their paperwork, etc. No set hours, will work from home for the most part, etc. I couldn't be happier.

Hope to see you soon.