So here I am in week 5? of nannyhood. Everyone is napping and it is sunny outside. Lovely.
We went to a kids birthday party two weeks back and all of the sudden during the party it hit me...someone may ask me what I do for a living and I dont really have a canned answer yet. My goal was to stay home with Noah and God blessed me with this ability....with a twist. So far so good, but I would really like to have my own car and be able to get us all out of the house. I have visions of Library and park trips. Right now we go out on the patio and also we go for walks (almost daily) which require a double stroller and a front baby backpack (and stamina). We have be-friended the neighbors, a babysitter and the two boys she watches. Noah seems to like them and she is my only adult contact during the day, so i can be choosy at this point. She is twenty something and...uncomplicated...is the nicest way i can think to describe her. Noah likes her so she must be ok.
Noah is repeating everything, so no more cursing...dammit
The twins are changing daily and still so different from one another. William is calm and chatty, Emily wants all eyes on her (as it should be...she is the princess of the house). William loves his binkie, Emily loves to be held. Both think my singing and dancing are funny.
Brian and I got away this weekend which feels much calmer since I see Noah everyday all day now. We had a nice time just being together and have planned to have a tv free night once a week (Just not FRINGE night).
I am tanner, calmer and more confident in my mommy abilities...yay new life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment