Not that I'm even sure anyone would want to read about my life, but I thought this may be a cool way to keep everyone up to speed on our family and milestones since our extended family is so spread out around the country.
Today is just a 'regular' day. Our new 'regular'. I get up at 5am now. I am not a morning person, but I SO look forward to going to wake Noah. It makes 5am worth it. He is sleeping in 5 hour stretches now (he's 14 weeks on Saturday). This is a wonderful development and one that my sister had to assure me was going to happer when I sobbed to her on the phone in month #2 when he wasnt wanting to go to, or stay, asleep.
This week also marks a change in my perspective on nursing. Aside from some doctor-ordered supplementing his first week of life, I had exclusively breastfed Noah. Then when I returned to work and began pumping 3x a day, my supply went down. It's sad. I want to be Supermom and be able to provide for all his nutritional needs.But after emailing with my Sister in Law and doing some net research, I decided to take the pressure off myself and allow for the F-word. Yup,were using formula. Mom hooked me up with a case of formula from her old job. Thank you GOD! I am now pumping when I feel like I need to (2x/day) at work and usually once at night. Some breast milk is better than none.
It turns out I like the freedom of not having to nurse all the time. Although this freedom comes with a dose of guilt that I would want freedom. Aaaahhh The motherhood guilt that my friend's warned me about...
Other things going on in my life...
I am still active in Overeaters Anonymous. I go to one meeting a week right now, although I'd like to get back to two meetings once we get a routine down. Two meetings = more serenity and more connection to God for me. My God connection is slightly forced at the moment. My feeling that God is large and in charge is taking a fair amount of effort and sometimes my prayers are just words. My eating has been ok, but not like it was pre-pregnancy. I will get back there.
My weight bugs me. I dont fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, which sucks. It took so long to grow a wardrobe that felt like 'me' and now I have to settle for the handful of things that fit....ick... Fitting in exercising seems impossible at the moment as my day is packed!
My job is good: same drama, different month.
I guess that is all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment