Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Post Turkey Day Trip Update



Here is the gang in front of the tree and Uncle Glenn and Aunt Jenny's B&B.


We are back from our wonderful trip up north. We came in at about 8pm on Sunday night after spending a challenging 4 hours at Logan airport (4kids+boredom=parental insanity). It was a wonderful and chilly trip. We got to see most of the Synnotts and some of the Servant/Bombardier gang.


Noah was a hit (of course) and We loved seeing and squeezing baby Quinn. Quinn cut a tooth while we were there and yet he was still a happy and snugly baby!


We took the kids to Plymouth Rock and since it was less than 30 degrees, they were less than thrilled to hang out there. Yosie loved seeing the Mayflower docked at Plymouth.


Grandpa's house was full of cousins and they played inside and outside and were so sad to leave each other. We all wish we lived closer to one another. What's wonderful is that the distance doesn't diminish the connections we have with our family.


I really enjoyed hanging out with my sister-in laws. I am so lucky to have such a strong, smart and caring group of women in my life. They are amazing with all the kids and I learn so much from them!
I went to Amy's on Sunday with Noah and saw some of my family. As I was approaching her street I got butterflies in my tummy from excitement. I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until that moment. It's kind of like the days are filled with work and getting Noah home and feeding/bathing/sleeping and automatic pilot takes over. It's nice to have the time to pause and be with family.


No comments: